*Not ready for release but some documentation
In my WordPress class at Platt College San Diego I have to make a theme but, I believe that is to easy for me. Therefore I decided to make a theme that will be launched to the public where everyone can help me become a better coder. One day during vacation I was watching T.V. when I decided to make a clean professional website that would include everything that is needed to make it happen. Mostly because I have been in a situation where I needed a professional looking site that was free and a good theme that worked therefore now that I have more experience with WordPress themes I have decided to create Aput.
This theme allows you to have different skins, different fonts from Google and more features that I have noticed that are required or useful for a professional site. This theme is free and will remain free, if anyone ever ask money for this or any free theme please don’t accept. The theme can be downloaded at (well there is no page now, but once its done I will have a link here).
None of the above features has been added yet but there are some things that need to be added in order to make the theme work as in the demo.
- You should use a custom menu
- Custom menus can be accessed the admin panel > menu
- This will load a new page in which you will see a tab with a” + ” sign and a section that says “Menu Name”
- Next to “Menu Name” type “Main Navigation” or any name that you want. Then click Create Menu.
- Once the menu has been created
- Now all the boxes on the side will be clickable. In the pages section box “View All”
- Check mark all the pages that you want in you navigation
- Once you check all the page you want click “Add to Menu”. This will make them appear in the box used in steps 1 >3
- Once they have appeared click “Save Menu” in the box used in steps 1 > 3
- In the box called “Theme Locations” there will a drop down list select the name of the menu that was given in step 3
- Click “Save” button
- You are done and ready to use Aput Navigation system